Thursday, October 9, 2014

The Painting with a Twist just got twisted again

The painting done at Painting With a Twist, shown here , just didn't appeal to me. Since I had to get out my acrylic paints for something else a few days ago, I covered the canvas with white paint. Multiple layers of it. Some of the image still showed through when back let, but I stopped painting white and got out the yellows to begin a sunflower.

I'm much nicer to myself than I used to be. I'm not crazy about this, but I don't hate it. I think I will hang it upstairs.

Propped against a window in the photo on the right, you can still some of the original image (left).


On a wall though, it will be fine. And if not, it will come down and be replaced by something else.


Whether we are improving our craft, our health, a relationship, or anything else, we don't need perfection, we just need improvement. Improvement comes with practice.

I am having much more fun since I learned to be kind to myself.


No comments: