Sunday, November 9, 2014

Peppermint Patties make a Snowman

I saw a cute idea using York Peppermint Patties and paper to make snowmen. I bought a bag of candy and proceeded to get the paper pieces ready. I punched out 1 3/4" black scallops, 1 3/8" white circles and made a hat from Stampin' Up's What's Up punch, cutting the tip of the wide arrow off.  Then I opened the bag of candy and discovered that the mints were not wrapped in a round manner. My original circle punches (shown in the center) didn't cover much of the foil wrapped candy.

Darn it.....that little hat was cute!
I apologize for leaving the Word Window punch in this shot.
I did not use that in either version of the hat. 
I punched larger plain circles (2") and larger black scallops (2 3/8") and used Stampin' Up's Decorative Label punch to make the upper part of the hat. I cut the label almost in half, trimmed the sides of the hat of the part that reminds me of parentheses, and cut a dip into the the top of the hat. The brim was made from the largest label in an EK Success label punch, cut in half lengthwise. The eyes, buttons, berries on the hat and heart are all from Stampin' Up's Owl Builder punch. The leaves are from a small EK punch that I've had for quite a while.


I cut a strip of black paper to connect the snowman's three body parts, using double-sided tape. I got a second strip ready with the same Redline tape to place under the candies. Each candy has a piece of the same tape on the top side. I placed them under each body part before adding the backing strip. The strip is both for a support and gives me a place to add a greeting if desired. The snowman has pale pink cheeks (a Zig marker) and an orange nose (Tombow marker) with a dot of white ink on each eyeball. 


I am happy with him, even if he does have candy wrapper showing.