Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Popping color with intensity and dimension

I made this card for my daughter-in-law's birthday. I really enjoyed coloring this and like the finished card.
I stamped the image, scanned it and then printed it twice on X-Press It paper. The image that became the under layer has hints of the Copic colors I used in the upper image. The bottom shades were done with Color Box chalk inkpads in Olive Pastel, Azurite and Bisque.
I used both blue-green and blue shades of Copic markers in the background. Originally I planned to fussy cut more than this, but I wanted more of the background color to show. I really the blue-green shade.

I ran a black marker along the cut edges of the flowers before adding dimensional dots and lining up the cut image over the full image which is matted on black and then green.
I thought it still needed a bit more something, so I added a few lines of star glaze on some of the petals and dots of clear glaze on parts of the centers.
Before matting the under layer, I tested how the colorful layer was going to look and decided to cut the bottom layer smaller. That little bit of petals overlapping the black mat adds a bit more depth. I will definitely use this idea again.

No comments: