Friday, March 20, 2015

Easter Bunny diving into a Fry Box basket

Back in October I thought I would need an intervention because of Stampin' Up Fry Boxes. See posts about that here and here.

Thanks to YouTube and searching for Easter crafts with Stampin' Up punches and dies, I found directions for making this:
I used a wood grain embossing folder on brown paper before using the fry box die. It worked fine on the darker brown paper, but when I tried a lighter shade from the same paper assortment (from Joann's, not Stampin' Up), the paper crumbled on some of the creases. Perhaps the dye or process used on various shades make some papers hold up better.

One out of three attempts was successful but rather than waste more paper, I decided the plan paper was good enough. A wood grain stamp as seen in France Martin's YouTube tutorial here would be a better choice.
I didn't have the exact punches used in the video, but close enough to come up with something cute. I made six of them.
Here is one filled with a bit of crinkled paper "grass" and a few pieces of Easter candy. 

No comments: