Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Happy Birthday to Ewe

Sometimes a card comes together just as I imagined it would.

Okay, sometimes it comes together almost exactly as I imagined.

Oh heck, let's just be honest and say that you start with an idea and the card creates itself.
This card began life, in my head at least, on yellow cardstock. As you can see, it is now on pink but there is still yellow in it, but in small doses of print.

Images were stamped in black on Xpress It which is great for use with Copic markers. "Happy Birthday to", the sheep image and the word "ewe" are all from Clearly Besotted's Feeling Sheepish stamp set. The fringe is from Avery Elle's Made with Love (ST1345) and the party hat and balloon are from Stampers Anonymous (Tim Holtz) Crazy Things. The solid color cardstock is from my age old stash. The print paper is from Doodlebug Design's 6x6 pad Sugar and Spice.

The sheep was colored with Copic markers E21, E31, E50 with a bit of R20 in what would be the cheek area. Once the sheep was colored, I used a white Signo pen to create curly coils of sheep wool. The pink fringe was done with RV13 and RV14 with Primacolor pencils 931 (dark purple), 928 (blush pink) and 925 (carmine red) used lightly over the Copic coloring. The pink in the hat was the same two marker shades plus Y35 and Y38 for the yellow dots, and YG03 and YG17 for the green hat background.
The balloon was colored with the two yellow markers before I decided I didn't like the yellow base with the rest of my choices. I colored over the balloon with RV13 and RV14 and really liked the color that was created.
The recipient of this card is a fellow knitter. I'm pretty sure she will be pleased to receive this. I had fun creating it.

No comments: