Sunday, January 8, 2017

Arroyo, a knitted shawl

Now that the gift has been delivered (a month ago, actually) I can share this bit of knitting. This scarf pattern is called Arroyo and is free through Ravelry. ( Click here )
There is a bit of curve to this small shawl which makes it sit well on the shoulders. The lacy design is an easy repeat and the main part of the shawl is garter stitch. That is where the shaping occurs.
I used two skeins of Rhichard Devrieze handpainted yarn. Unfortunately I cannot name the color of the yarn as I sent one label with the gift for laundering instructions and have misplaced the other tag. 
The color is more accurate in the first two photos above. Here the shawl looks muted and my shirt looks brown rather than black. 
The shawl did not look bad before blocking, but definitely looked better after, especially the lacy area.
I would rate this pattern as an advanced beginner to intermediate. I don't teach knitting so I could be off in this, and I've been knitting for many, many years. I still make mistakes, especially when distracted. Be kind to yourself when this happens. 

I plan to make this again for myself and probably for others as future gifts. 

No comments: