Monday, July 10, 2017

Birthday Card Spinner

A good friend will be receiving this birthday card today.  The print paper is from the Birthday Memories collection from Stampin' Up, as are the punches and sentiment used on the label on the front of the card. The inside greeting is from Technique Tuesday's Sassy Birthday stamp set. The oval dies are from Die-Namics (My Favorite Things die line).

This photo taken before the Happy Birthday label was added

I like the retro feel of this little girl. The above image was cut from designer paper, the reverse side of the red print. The back of the girl shown below is from the stamp set Birthday Delivery and cut with the coordinating die from the Birthday Friends set. The stamped image is not a true back side of the girl on the print paper. The stamp has her arms behind her back. Since I didn't want her to have four arms, I used markers to color the stamp rather than an ink pad, avoiding the arms. I colored this image with Prismacolor pencils because they were a better match to the print image, even though not as dark in color. I could have colored this darker but liked how this turned out and was afraid of messing up a good thing if I went over it again.


The inside of the front needed paper over it to conceal the string used to make the girl spin. I didn't get the cover piece on straight and hookey-booed (a term from my mechanic hubby) a fix by adding Washi tape as a frame.


The sentiments in the Sassy Birthday set amuse me. 


The front of the card still needed something and I hadn't said Happy Birthday yet, so I added the message below using the Classic Label and Word Window punches. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.


To set this card up to spin when my friend takes it out of the envelope, the suspended oval just needs to be wound up and held until the card goes into the mailer.

Home alone when taking photos, I couldn't hold the card in place and operate the camera well, but here is a clip of the girl spinning:




No comments: