Saturday, July 22, 2017

Experimenting with metallics on black

I used black cardstock from Core'dinations, Floral Bliss stamp from Simon Says Stamp, FineTec Pearl Colors and Pentel Slicci pens.

I heat embossed the image on black with white powder. I've had the powder forever and it wasn't expensive. Everything doesn't need to be expensive but I don't think the quality is present in this powder but it works for experimenting.
 The FineTec colors aren't easy to detect in that tray and it isn't the photograph that misleads. I made swatches on scraps of black so that I could tell the blue from silver, etc. I used water and a brush to color this image.
It isn't bad, but it isn't striking. The glow of these colors isn't noticeable until you look at the paper on an angle.
Hard to tell this is the same colored image but it is. The above photo is on an angle and closer to sunlight. 

Next, I used the Pentel pens. Despite not being able to blend them the way watercolors will blend, I like this look on the black paper more than the above examples. 
The Pentel pens were sold in a pack of 8 colors. I don't know if more colors are available that would have created better blends and shading, but these were fun to work with.  



No comments: