Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Triangle Turnabout Success!

Recently I wrote about stamp woes when an image wasn't coming out well. Part of the problem was a flaw in the stamp and part of it was me. First off, Concord & 9th, the maker of the Triangle Turnabout stamp, could not have been better to deal with unless they hand delivered the stamp and brought dinner with them!  Mistakes will happen from time to time. How a person or company remedies the mistake is what is important and Concord & 9th is an example of doing things the right way. Within days of my email to them, I had a replacement stamp in my hand.

By itself and without having seen the finished image this produces, this is one odd looking stamp, right?


The first step to using this stamp is to make a template so that things will line up properly. There isn't anything difficult about this, but I will come back to this statement in a minute. The cardboard behind the stamp is 6 inches square with lines drawn from corner to corner.


This close-up of the center shows how you line up the triangles. 


After placing this in a stamp positioning tool such as the MISTI shown above, you close the cover to adhere the stamp and add your paper to the cardboard template. 


Your paper doesn't have to be 6" square. Your cardboard template will get stained by the inked image that is beyond the paper, but that won't harm the template for future use.

This piece is 5.75 x 4.75 inches. 


In the above sample, I used Stampin' Up ink pads in Daffodil Delight, Delightful Dijon, Hello Honey and Peekaboo Peach.  The result is much better than what I had previously but was a bit off. I cut a new template out of thinner cardboard. It turns out my first template wasn't exactly 6" square. Did I say creating the template wasn't difficult? It still isn't if you pay attention to what you are doing.  


My next sample is 5" x 4" and uses Stampin' Up Denim Dandy, Lost Lagoon, Pacific Point and Tempting Turquoise ink pads. 


First I tried the new template with the black cushion in the MISTI. That didn't work. I didn't think it would but decided to check. Much better below with the black mat back in place. 


This turned out much better! 


My last sample is 5" x 4.5". I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves, Twisted Citron and Worn Lipstick. 


Here they are, side by side, waiting to become the background of a card or perhaps die cut into some sort of embellishment. 

No comments: