Friday, November 7, 2014

Hat made with Poppy yarn

The yarn shop where the weekly knitting group meets sells a yarn called Poppy, by Tahki. ( Website here ) The sample in the store was done in brown yarn. Brown seldom grabs my attention so I walked right past it. When another knitter worked on a hat in white with black flowers, I was immediately interested!

There are 10 flowers per skein. You slide them out of your way until instructed to place them according to the hat pattern.
The pattern calls for one size 15 cable needle and a set of double points, also size 15. I rarely used DPNs, preferring two cable needles.

Here is the finished hat on my patient model, a teddy bear.


Here is a close up of one of the flowers with a bead center.


The pattern was easy. The only changes I made was to add a few more rounds of knitting to make the cap taller. The hat made by the other knitter was rather short on her, but was intended for a young niece so she was ok with that. Even adding a few rounds to mine, there was enough yarn left to add a few more although this height was fine on me.

I made this in one evening but not one sitting. I'm guessing it took less than 3 hours to knit.

No comments: