Friday, April 8, 2016

Another double gate fold card

I had so much fun making this card yesterday afternoon, I made a second anniversary card in this manner last night.

Directions are the same, materials used included miscellaneous papers, Art Impression stamps and Tombow markers. The man and woman are from Ai/Hampton Arts Camper Set #0651. The script "Love is the the Air" on the front of the card is from Love is the Air set #4753, the block letter version inside is from the Val set #4214. "It's a Love Thing" is from Love Thing set #4752. The "Happy Anniversary" stamp is from Birds and Bells by Inky Antics, #11106 which I believe is no longer available.

Once again, sorry about the ruler in these pics but I haven't mastered getting the card to stay flat while taking a picture without my left hand covering up too much of the subject.

I got carried away punching out the blue scalloped frames and had two extra which became part of the card's front. Neither of the prints looked right on the cover of the card even though I liked them inside. The green card stock that I used in the mat on the front was all that was left of that color. I used a Stampin' Up heart punch to get three hearts from the center of that, layering the pink and white papers over those holes.

I started out with three hearts, two frames and the Love is in the Air sentiment mounted on pink. I kept playing with the arrangement, finally making more frames, cutting one heart in two (but not equal halves), using a small punch for flowers out of one the design papers and small hole punch to make the pink and blue dots filling in some of the white spaces. The sentiment was mounted on the blue punched scallop circle (entire circle, not just a frame) and elevated with dimensional adhesive. The design is not perfectly balanced, but hey....neither am I!

No comments: