Friday, November 6, 2015

November Art Journal

I might need to hum that song from Disney's "Frozen" as I don't seem to loosen up all that well on projects like this, but I do see improvement.


Part of the lesson dealt with transferring the quote from a laser printer's image (ink jet will not work) to the page. Practice will improve my technique but I liked that. 

The rectangle of blue/aqua and the colors on the leaves are Izink colors. I love them. The leaves weren't completely dry when I was ready to leave the class last night so I gently sandwiched them between two sheets of newsprint weight paper. Carrying that, two tote bags and my purse to the car proved to be an unwise move. A gust of wind came up and I was chasing these leaves around the parking lot among Mother Nature's leaves that were blowing around. 


Ever look at an item so often in stores that you can't remember if you own it or not? I thought I had a stamp of nondescript writing at home. That stamp and a grayish ink pad were going to be used in the border when I have grunge done with black Staz-on ink.  This isn't a matter of right vs wrong, it just isn't how the class sample was done. 



No comments: