Friday, February 3, 2017

Light up Valentine greetings for my grandkids

I joined the Chibitronics bandwagon and oh, what fun! Click here for a 2-minute clip of what Chibitronics lights are and how they work.

This robot is from My Favorite Things. The stamp set is called Biotic Bits and includes the line "nuts over bolts about you". "A little message to say" and the script Valentine greeting are from Lawn Fawn's Love Letters stamp set.  The robot is colored with Prismacolor pencils.  I used a yellow light (part of the Chibi starter kit) behind the antenna on the robot's head and red light behind his heart. The second picture was taken in a dark room to show the strength of the lights.

The robot will be for my grandson, this pup will be for my granddaughter. Same schematics on this card with only one light used on the circuit. I used a white light this time. The dog and sentiment (the "I" was added by hand) are from Newton's Nook set called Fetching Friendship

I really enjoyed creating these cards. The Chibi starter kit has plenty of copper tape for more cards and came with a total of 12 lights (6 white, 2 red, 2 blue and 2 yellow) and two 3-volt button batteries. After pricing batteries locally, I ordered batteries from Amazon which came today. I will definitely make more cards this weekend!

No comments: