Friday, February 14, 2020

Happy Galentine's Day!

According to a report I heard on talk radio, Generation Z (born between 1995 and 2015) doesn't treat Valentine's Day as previous generations did. Many aren't in relationships but there is a new trend for women, and that is recognizing the value of their gal friend relationships. As a card maker, I don't spend much time in card aisles anymore so I don't know if companies like Hallmark are onto this, but at least one stamp maker is. Gina K Designs included a Happy Galentine's Day sentiment in this kit, called A Big Hello Card Kit. That greeting is in the upper right portion of this image. I didn't think to take a photo of the inside of any my cards. Oops! 
I realize that I forgot to photograph a few other designs in my rush to get them mailed. So much for using this blog to keep track of my work!

This sloth and the photo frame around is from MFT (My Favorite Things), the stamp is Picture Perfect, the frame die is called Polaroid Shaker Frame
This stamp and greeting set is also from MFT, named Close Knit.
These animals and sentiment are MFT's Sweater Weather on Safari.
This card has cats from Tim Holtz's Snarky Cat Collection stamped on colored cardstock and then attached to velum over a collection of stamped sentiments from various Dylusions sets.
With the velum lifted, you can read the sentiments underneath.
The dog was created with a Stampin' Up punch called Dog Builder. The heart balloons were die cut.
One more from MFT, this stamp set is called Seaside Gulls.
These calls were stamped from Art Impressions Uptown Girls which has 4 women in the grouping but I masked (blocked out) two of them.
The first three cards were colored with Prismacolor pencils, the last two were done with Copic markers. The images chosen were specifically chosen for each recipient. I hope they enjoy them, I had fun creating them. 

1 comment:

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my gosh I would love those cards! You find the cutest things.
Happy Valentine's Day!