Friday, August 28, 2020

Hibiscus Card

This card was made for a friend's mother who is very fond of this flower. The stamp used is named Harmonious Hibiscus , made by My Favorite Things. I heat embossed the stamped image with gold embossing powder on Gina K. Design's Bubblegum Pink cardstock before coloring with Copic markers. I was told years ago not to use Copics on cardstock, but this paper was heavy enough and while I did blend shade of pink and green, I was working on blending in a typical fashion. I used white Prismacolor pencil for some highlights on flowers and a few shades of green on the stems. The black background is all black Copic marker on pink paper. I really enjoyed working on this. The second photo, taken on an angle shows the golden glow of the embossing powder.



No comments: