Saturday, April 11, 2015

Paper Crafted Tea Box

If you want to let a friend know you are thinking of them, you could buy a box of assorted teas, tie a bow on the box and pop in for a visit.

But if you have a craft obsession, you might want to dress things up a bit.
I didn't know that I wanted to make a tea box until I saw this on Stampin' Up demonstrator and blogger Connie Stewart's site Simply Simple Stamping
During the month of April 2015, directions for this box will be sent to you with an order of $20 or more. Besides a PDF file, there is also a link to a video of Connie assembling her tea box which looks like this:
Connie is great about reminding people to work with what they already have. I had some of the tools she used and some that were similar. I already knew how to create a basic box, but appreciated learning how to make the dividers which I probably would not have thought of on my own. There were a few techniques that she explains in her video that were very basic but I had never seen them before. Those "Aha!" tips will be used in many future projects. 


The large flower was changed multiple times before I settled on this layered effect.  There is a green stamped image at the base, seen best in the first photo where the box is on an angle. I colored the next image with pencils, selected colors used in the upper layer of the small flowers. I added that with pop dots over the green layer. While the flower itself was pretty, it just didn't please me. I stamped two more images, one in white and one on the patterned paper.  I decided to use just the center from the patterned paper, adding it to the white image which has just a bit of orange pencil added. I used Stickles around that center, the same shade as the center of the small flowers.
One more small flower was added to a tag that I tied to the ribbon. This is ready to be given to my friend.

No comments: