Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sew, what do you think?

I am going out with my sewing buddy tomorrow and I have a little surprise for her. We are both of a mindset to de-clutter our homes but we both still enjoy making things. We're more selective in what we acquire now. What I have for her isn't much, just a "thinking of you" item as is this card that I made to go with the item.


I wish my photographic efforts today had better results. Everything looks a bit hazy. It is an overcast day and apparently where I took the photos left a lot to be desired. My other struggle was color accuracy which will show in tomorrow's post.

On to the details:

The stamps used are all from the same set, Hero Arts CL 452


The yellow and white card stocks are from supplies I've had on hand, probably from Michaels. The dotted background paper is from Basic Paper Pad by Pebbles. 

Prismacolor pencils were used to color in the model. 
Skin tones are Light Peach 927, Peach 939 and Nectar 10925.
Hair is Sable 940 and Burnt Ochre 943.
Shoes are Bronze 1028 and Dark Umber 947.
Her clothing is Apple Green 912, Olive Green 911 and Spring Green 913.
I used Black 935 to color in the areas between her body and arms. Sometimes small areas like that call for more fussy cutting than I feel like doing. 

I used a black Wink of Stella pen to make her buttons and hair bow shiny, but neither show up well. Here is a close up of skin coloring. This isn't a work of art that will be saved forever, it is a quick (relatively speaking) card to make someone smile. Just a hint of shading makes the face and hair coloring more realistic, don't you think? 



No comments: