Saturday, June 25, 2016

Flamingos, Fireworks and Fiesta Fun!

No, those three things aren't related, but they've been a big part of my week.

Here is my most recent class project, this one from Vanilla Arts Art of Coloring series. The flamingo image was created by Amy. We colored it using Copic markers and Prismacolor pencils.
Last night was my city's fireworks display which is visible from my front yard. Yay for me and my neighbors! We have enjoyed this annual event for years, inviting our extended families and friends to join us for a terrific view with the comforts of our homes nearby. The weather was beautiful last night and the bugs were at someone else's party with only a few mosquitoes crashing ours.

My grandson got to hang with the big kids, "big" being two 11 year olds and another 6 year old who is half a year older. My youngest niece, an aunt to the three other boys, allowed the kids to sit on her car's roof with their legs through the sun roof. Pretty great seating for the guys!
And the last F in this alliterative blog post is for Fiesta. Tonight we are joining neighbors as we celebrate their daughter's wedding. The ladies were married four months ago with immediate families and closest friends at a beach locale that obviously was not Michigan!  The end of February in Michigan....I wouldn't want to participate in anything outside because that leads to another F: frigid!

Tonight's celebration is a fiesta, so my new stamp purchase from Stampin' Up (Birthday Fiesta) was used for the first time.
The patterned paper is not a Stampin' Up product, but the stamps and dies used are all part of Birthday Fiesta. I did not stamp the llamas (or are they alpacas?) because of using the back side of one die cut. I used a Copic multiliner (similar to a Micron pen) to replicate the markers on the stamp.

I had fun with everything, but then again, I almost always do. Look for the good, look for the humor, look at all that is good around you. It is there, always.

No comments: