Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Dragon with a sparkly tummy

I seem to love whimsy more than realism and that isn't just because this is an election year.

When coloring a dragon, realism is not a concern even though most of us go for green, right? I have a puppet named Smolder from the Melissa and Doug company that is green and we (meaning my grandchildren and I) love him. His voice and speech pattern are a cross between Kermit and Yoda who coincidentally are both green.
Last week's Copic Class by Vanilla Arts and held at Remember When? Scrapbooking (that is a link to the store's Facebook page) used a stamp called Ducky Fun by C.C. Designs.
One day I will get better about taking photos indoors and get the lightly under control so that colors photograph more accurately. Until then, take my word that this guy is seriously cute.
I added Glossy Accents to his eyes. Don't worry about them looking lumpy here, it is the angle of the shot. Guess that is something else that needs work.
The color is more accurate in this photo but this shot didn't really fully show what I was trying to illustrate, that being the Wink of Stella used on his tummy and throat.

I will definitely color this image again and probably vary from the traditional green.


No comments: