Saturday, July 1, 2017

Die-ing to have fun

Yes, that pun is pretty bad but for those who know me well, a bad pun is to be expected. 

My city's firework display was scheduled to happen last night but bad weather intervened. With a 24-hour delay, what was I to do?  Knit and make cards!  The current knitting project is still a work in progress and doesn't look like much in a photo yet but the cards are done.

I began with these two dies with the intention of making two anniversary cards.


After cutting out the heart from Stampin' Up's Blushing Bride cardstock, I saved the pieces and used the cut out as a template on a plain white card.


I lightly traced the openings and used Tombow liquid glue to adhere the pink pieces on the white card. That is glue that you see in the photo below.


I used Stampin' Up designer paper from the Falling In Love collection under the pink heart. The pink cardstock is elevated by thick dimensionals and I added three crystals for a little pizzazz. 


The white card still needed something but I didn't think crystals were the answer here.


Wink of Stella to the rescue! I added clear Wink of Stella to each of the pink petals and dots and also three circles of it to the other card. Wink of Stella is subtle and hard to capture in a photo but it does look very nice when seen in person.



The inside greeting is the same in both cards. I used double sided tape on the designer paper for the first card and on pink for the second. I ran in through my Big Shot a few times before working with the greeting.


Remember to turn the paper over and use the die on the correct side of the paper unless you like reading your greeting backward. 


The greeting on the left is done with the designer paper, the right is plain pink.
    
    

I enjoyed making these cards. Working with the leftover pieces to create a negative image is fun and easy to achieve with liquid glue. 




No comments: