Friday, January 5, 2018

More 2017 Christmas cards

I made the majority of my cards in this first style. The front of the card has a diagonal fold from a point an inch and a half from the fold that runs from the top to the bottom corner. The red card base folds down on that line to create the flap that you see in the second photo. A square of green cardstock becomes the mat behind the white paper with the stamped images. Both were colored with Copic markers. 

 Stamp set: Robins on a Branch #CL497 Wild Rose Studio


 Jolly Santa #JGS100 Woodware Clear Magic Singles

The skating penguin card was going to have one penguin gliding using a sliding mechanism. I decided that made the card rather bulky and would probably require extra postage so I opted for slightly elevating the penguins and package on dimesionals. 

 The images and greeting are from Bring on the Joy by Avery Elle ST-17-32
Matching dies were used to cut out the birds, gift and ice floe.

I recently discovered that a friend has a fondness for goats. I had a cute goat stamp but it wasn't Christmas themed. This was not a problem once I combined it with another stamp set. 
Goat is from Art Impressions' Old Goat Set AiCS37 
Naughty message and the tree are from Clearly Besotted's Laugh Out Loud Christmas set.

The next card was a bit more work and I only made one because of the detail in making the house resemble my own. The directions for making this card called a Raise the Roof card can be found here. The stamp set used inside on the left is Stampin' Up Holiday Home #135095 and the message on the right is from Stampendous' Wrapped Pointsettia set #CLD11.






The last card is for a dear friend who likes flamingoes and shares my sense of humor. The flamingo is a stamp and die set from Art Impressions. The background accessories are from Stamps of Life dies.
Art Impressions' Flamingo Wiggle #4955
Stamps of Life die matches Islands 2 Stamp set (tree)
The Santa hat and string of lights are from Riley & Co, Dress Up Riley Christmas #RD20

1 comment:

Chatty Crone said...

I love all of them - how many did you make?
The goat one is me!
Love the flamingo too!
Sandie♥