Thursday, May 3, 2018

Affirmation art and a shadow box

I was given a small black, boxy wall hanging with a quote about strength that now hangs near my bedroom mirror. It was a little lost by itself but I had plans that I've finally got to this past weekend. First is what I am calling Affirmation Art. The box plaque was originally green and gold and said "Lucky". Nothing wrong with that, but not something I would have bought. I won this in a gift basket. I base coated it black while figuring out what to do. These stickers came to mind. I cut a piece of black and white striped paper to fit the top/front surface of the plaque. If this idea hadn't worked, I could still cut the stickers out and reuse them. I don't need to worry about that, I like this. 


This shadow box is a Tim Holtz product for many years ago. Each element means something to me. The broken watch faces show either a time, date, or both that are significant. The dates on the pennies have significance too.
I used Scor Tape (a strong, two-sided tape) to hold the watch faces, pennies and key in place. I haven't hung this on the wall yet, it has been standing on a shelf until I am sure the tape is going to hold. It appears that it will.


The other crafts I'm currently working on are not near completion so it was nice to take an afternoon off to do these and have two things done that make me happy.

2 comments:

Cranky and Difficult said...

LOVE shadowboxes!!

Chatty Crone said...

I love Shadowboxes too - I made my son and DIL one for their wedding - I wish I had kept a pic of it.