Thursday, January 24, 2019

Valentine treats

January was unusually mild for Michigan....until it wasn't. It was so cold last weekend, even my son who is rarely cold mentioned it. I've spent time reading or knitting, under an afghan, with the thermostat cranked up. I go upstairs early, not to go to bed, but because heat rises. Yesterday we had a break but the reprieve meant things began to melt and precipitation was rain that fell on top of ice. I am thankful that I didn't fall but I slid down the driveway sideways, stopped by the slight elevation of the expansion strip in the concrete driveway. The deep freeze returns this weekend and will hang around a while:
Those highs next Wednesday and Thursday of 1 and 4 really should have a 7 in front of them to make me happy. 

I've started making some Valentine treats, mainly because I have a new die and the plastic holders designed for this set. Hersey Nuggets fit in their perfectly. I'm trying to wrap Nuggets with the decorative papers and get them into these holders ASAP because my will power isn't strong and I love chocolate almost as much as I love coffee and Diet Coke. 

The dies used are from My Favorite Things, specifically Nugget Label Window and Frame MFT-1458, and Treat Tag MFT-1463. The Nugget Trio Pouches (10 to a pack) are Supply-4021

  
Here is the first one I assembled. L-R are the top tag with the window frame cut with tag topper and window frame (the floral paper) added. The second tag has the door to access the candy in it. The plastic is shaped to hold the Nuggets. 


These will be for my granddaughter and grandson, I just haven't figured out sentiments to add to the back of them yet. I moved the placement of the candy holder to the left side of the tag for the space-themed card so that I could use the Super Star on the bottom right corner.
Minnie was fussy cut from pattern paper and glued to dotted paper after I lightly marked where the door would be cut.
These are a lot of fun to make. I plan to make a few for my girlfriends because Valentines don't have to be just for romantic love.

1 comment:

Chatty Crone said...

I guess there is nothing you cannot do or make. And my goodness - that was cold! sandie