Friday, January 25, 2019

Customized cell phone case

Today's creation is taken from a Connie Stewart post and video from January 10, 2019: Click here

Connie's idea of using pretty paper was very nice but what would be even nicer for this Gigi would be a photo of her grandchildren. 💗
I didn't photograph the steps, Connie's video does a better job than I would have. All you need is a clear case and a photo.

I took the cover off, traced the phone, made a template, printed an image of the kids together, and used the template to cut out the area for the camera lens. The photo is nestled between the phone and case. I have a feeling that space would be snug enough that you could cut a photo to fit that is smaller than the case in length and avoid cutting out the lens area if that seems too fiddly to you. My photo is approximately 6" x 3" with the corners rounded to fit my phone.

When I showed my hair stylist today, she loved it but said she had too many grandchildren to get them in one photo that would fit. I think she needs to showcase one grandchild per month. 😉


No comments: