Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Spellbinders Halloween and a Santa card too

Spellbinders makes great detailed dies.  This first card used a die set named Eek-a-Boo. It also included the ghost that I haven't used yet. My grandkids aren't going out as a devil and skeleton, but I had them in mind when I made their hair a reddish hue and blue eyes.  The jack o'lantern treat buckets and bats were included in the die set. The fence is a die from My Favorite Things. 


This card uses two die sets from Spellbinders. The car is cut from Sunday Drive, the license plate, trunk trim, skeleton and witch are all from Sunday Drive Halloween. The spiderweb was cut from a Stamps of Life die. The backgrounds on both this card and the next were done with Distress Oxides, sprinkled with water for some of the dots and also a mist of shimmer spray from Avery Elle. I didn't like that the spider web looked like it should be attached to something on the right so I drew a tree in. In four subsequent cards, I cut the spiderweb and used parts of it on each card. 
This card uses the same Sunday Drive for the car, the Santa, deer, license plate and trunk garland are all from the Sunday Drive with Santa set. I've made 17 of these cards, personalizing them for neighbors.