Monday, January 4, 2021

Welcoming the new year

2020 has ended but the new year still has the dregs of yesterday's coffee stains in the proverbial pot of life.  That may sound negative but is only meant as an observation. All of the changes that need to come could not happen overnight, even if everyone was on the same page and doing their best. 

In my corner of the world, the very small part that I feel I can control, life goes on much as it has for a long while. I talk to the same people although not always face to face, I read, make cards, knit, work on other crafts while maintaining what needs to be maintained. I was alternately busy, not feeling like writing, or wanted to keep cards and projects under wraps for most of the fall so I fell off the grid with posting. 

A plus from this time of the pandemic was finding some crafters on YouTube that have been great to interact with. Before this, I didn't spend much time on YouTube unless I was looking for something specific. Most crafters present themselves as cheerful people and I appreciate that as much as I appreciate them sharing their knowledge. 

Colorado Craft Company is now carrying stamps from Anita Jeram who has illustrated children's books such as Guess How Much I Love You by Sam MacBratney and also writing and illustrating her own books. 

These images are from the Party Time stamp set. I am certain I will use these for cards this year, but these images are going in my personal journal, a new style that was a Christmas gift. 

Coloring was done with Prismacolor pencils on Neenah Solar White 80# card stock. Coordinating dies cut out the images as shown. They now reside on black paper to set them off against my white journal page. 

No comments: