Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Out of this world birthday card

My son is not a child, nor is he noticeably interested in outer space, but this is his birthday card this year.  The style is called a waterfall card. When the tab at the bottom (where the silver cord is seen) is pulled, the four panels flip over one by one to reveal a new image or message. I've made this style before, but a die set from Mama Elephant, Mega Flipper, made this easy to assemble. The images and sentiments are all from Hero Arts: August 2017 kit Celestial; and stamp sets Astronomical and Out of This World Christmas.  Backgrounds were done with white, black, and violet inks used on navy blue card stock with a spatter of silver paint to create the galaxy look. Images were colored with a combination of Zig markers and Prismacolor pencils. 





I began this card last Wednesday when I had to take a break from the news. Last Wednesday, January 6, 2021 was when Trump's anarchists stormed the US Capitol and caused 5 deaths in their insane attempt at keeping Trump as president. I never thought this would happen in the USA and yet there it was. I have kept myself busy with crafts, reading, and subscription TV channels to maintain some sense of personal peace during this chaos. 

No comments: