Monday, January 24, 2022

Birthdays, Blogging, and Blahs

The three weeks since my last post have flown. So much for my idea of posting more regularly. Once upon a time, blogging was a social outlet. I followed people and they followed me. Most of them aren't blogging now, some have died, and I suspect others have also. Instagram just isn't my fave and frankly, I seem to be too busy to even keep up with this most weeks. This isn't good or bad, it is just the way things go. 

The blahs aren't about blogging, it is just winter-itis with a heaping layer of pandemic fatigue thrown into the mix. Covid marches on, affecting many people, including some close to my heart. The good news is that they have all been vaccinated and their cases have been mild. I get out of the house but I don't go just anywhere, and I do wear a mask in most public situations whether the store or event mandates it or not. 

Birthdays....ahh...finally something fun to talk about. My younger son had one and loved his card shown here. A friend that I've known since kindergarten has a birthday at the end of this week. I made this card for her, using the Simon Says Stamp embossing folder Magnolia Branches. Coloring was done with Copic Markers, and the birthday sentiment was a Simon Says Stamp die. 

I recently made the same card in shades of pink with additional blossoms made from the Simon Says Stamp die Magnolia Blossom. The second photo shows the dimension of the additional flowers.

I am doing much better at keeping up with my journaling, just a few lines about the day done in what is sold as a planner. Each day is a column. My Sprocket photo printer creates the perfect size photos for those columns in portrait orientation. Last year I used a "serious journal" and my writing stopped being upbeat. While I do write for me, if someone reads the journals after I'm gone, I'd rather reflect on the positive things in my life and show how much I have always loved them. I use stickers and colorful pens, especially on days where there isn't much to say or that the sticker simply says it all. This is an intentionally poor photo as my son doesn't like his photos being shared (even if he is cute!). 


No comments: