Thursday, January 6, 2022

New Year....new enthusiasm?

I hate to think of myself as being unwilling to change. I've certainly adapted to changes to changes I never would have chosen, but when it comes to social media, I can still be in control, so here I am. I'm not an Instagram gal and that is unlikely to change. 

I have two Facebook accounts, but not for nefarious reasons. If I want to share a creation with other makers and not spoil the surprise for someone who might be the recipient of the sweater or card, that is the place where I will post. Also, when the world on FB gets ugly as it sometimes does, I can avoid it all by logging into my second account where only craft groups exist. 

Writing this is mostly talking to myself but I'm going to attempt to share photos of projects here in case someone needs inspiration for a project. 

I'm going to start 2022 with this which I made on New Year's Eve. I regret that I don't know where I saw this, but the woman who shared her photo said the idea was not originally hers, she saw it on Ravelry. Click here for the link to Knitted Lights by Leila Raven  I ordered the 66-foot spool of fairy lights from Amazon and had them the following day. The needles are size 11 needles that I seldom use (plus I have another style of size 11 needles), and the black board is a message board that I wasn't using. The needles are held in place with two small, clear Command (brand) hooks. 

Not the best photo, but you get an idea of size:



This is simply a stockinette stitch but obviously, rather loose. 


Here it is, unlit. The lights plug into a USB port or an electrical outlet. There is a remote to turn them on and off, and they can fade and resume brightness or flash, neither of which will be used often, if at all.

 
The lights cost $16.99 as of December 2021. It was fun to do and while not difficult, it took longer than knitting with yarn. Still, I finished this in an evening and I think it is a fun accent when lit.




No comments: