Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Birthday and graduation cards

Cards, again.  First, a simple graduation card for a young lady. I should have mitered the red strips that formed the stripes in the V neckline. I'll plan better next time. The cap is elevated with pop dots. The tassel is made of embroidery floss. 


There were requests on Facebook to send birthday cards to a young boy with a very serious illness. I don't always pay attention to this type of thing because some people are attention seekers and the supposed illness or catastrophe doesn't exist. This story made the news and something about that little boy's face got to me. I used birthday embellishments on this box card for him. The hang tag has a personal wish with our city and state. I've heard the young man has received many cards from all of the world, just as he had hoped. 




I'm having fun with Sizzix Flip-it dies. This card used Circle Flip-its Die #657586.  The stamped image and part of the inside greeting is from an Art Impressions stamp called Giant Cake (# 4832). I stamped the image, scanned and reduced it in size to get it to fit the circle. Prismacolor pencils were used to color it. 




The card measures 5" square. I made an envelope to fit this, using Memory Keepers' Envelope Punch board. 

No comments: