Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Gloves

Based on how long it took me to complete these gloves, you would think the pattern was difficult. It wasn't. The gloves are for me, therefore items made with a deadline, whether gifts or Christmas cards, kept interrupting this project. 
I chose this yarn for a different pair of gloves, but once I saw the Knotty pattern, I had to try this instead. The yarn is Claudia Hand Painted Yarn, an extra fine 100% Merino wool. This color is called Charlotte's  Verdigris. It has a wonderful feel to it while knitting.

I was skeptical of the detail showing up in this yarn, but it does, and a bonus is that a minor mistake is more easily lost. I don't think I have mistakes in the gloves now, but I did before reworking them. The pattern is free here  Link to Knotty Gloves pattern on Ravelry


I don't usually have trouble following charts but my mistakes occurred while misreading the pattern chart while knitting socially. I colored the chart with six different colored pencils and referred to the key and had no trouble after doing that. Without the color blocking, the symbol sequences seemed to run together, but that might just be me. I would happily use this pattern again. 

No comments: