Saturday, January 10, 2015

Hanging Message Center

There are many talented Stampin' Up demonstrators who share ideas, tips and complete tutorials online. Thanks to Pinterest, I recently found Connie Stewart whose website is Simply Simple Stamping.  Each month she offers a tutorial and video for a project that is exclusive to those who place an order of $20 or more. The current month's project can be seen on the left sidebar of her site.

January's project is a Hanging Message Center. I made mine this afternoon. It is an adaptation of hers as I didn't have the same supplies that she used. It was easy to make and I think it is very cute. This will hang in my craft room.  I photographed it against dark blue paper for contrast. The yellow paper in the middle is a pad of Post-It Notes. The calendar at the bottom is within the tutorial that I downloaded from Connie after placing my order.
There are elements of hers that I prefer, but this works for me too. My flowers were cut using Sizzix Triplits dies. A simple idea from this project that I really like is the use of a small binder blip as the hanging mechanism. I ran double stick tape over a length of ribbon which I cut to fit the flat sides of the clip.

No comments: