Wednesday, October 22, 2014

More Halloween candy holders

A few weeks ago I made my first Ghiradelli chocolate holder. I've made quite a few since then based on directions provided Here on Dawn's Stamping Studio. I've used the same measurements for cutting and scoring except not all of the bands are 3/4 of an inch. I cut some based on the design in printed paper and did not use the scalloped tab topper.

Did I say I made a few?

These are going to my knitting group tonight. Each has yummy Ghiradelli chocolate square inside.

Each one begins with a strip of paper 3" x 8.5". This strip will be scored at 2.5", 2.75", 5.5" and 5.75" to wrap around the foil wrapped candy. The band of paper holding this together is cut at .75" by 9.25", but as I said above, some strips are wider. Dawn does a great job of showing all of this on her video in the link above. 

The green fences were done with a Martha Stewart punch that I've had for years. Frankenstein starts with Stampin' Up's Decorative Label punch. Each face is one green label, the hair for both was trimmed from one black label. Noses, eyes and collars are from the Builder Owl punch, the collars being the owl's stomach cut in half. The bolts were free hand cuts.


The vampire and black cat use circle and scallop punches. The eyes were from the Builder Owl and the collar is the same as Frankie's, the owl's tummy. For the vampire hair, I cut two small circles side by side on the edge of black paper before punching out a larger circle. His ears are a heart cut in half. The cat bodies and ears used the Tree punch. The cat face used the small oval and upper half of a heart punch. The tail is part of a 2" circle punch. 


Pumpkins are three ovals, shaded on the edges and glued together. The black triangles were cut from the scraps using the tree punch. The leaf is a punch I've had for a long time but I don't think it is from Stampin' Up while the other punches are all theirs. The stem is just a scrap of paper but to size. 


Spiders were done with scallop circle punch. I made a template for the legs, cutting them with a joined middle to make gluing them behind the spider easier. I wish I hadn't run out of the black and white spider print paper. The green is printer paper too but not as effective here. The web on the other paper is flocked.


Last but not least, these were made with the Builder Owl punch. That certainly is a useful punch and for much more than just owls!


I can't pick a favorite. It is just like mother love....they are all cute to me.

1 comment:

Annie LaVallee-Curtis said...

These are just adorable!! Found your post on StampNation and am in love with these little Halloween creatures! I really want to buy a few punches now, but need to wait until next month since I just got Catherine's stamp of approval box lol! Thanks for the fall inspiration! :)