Thursday, July 16, 2015

Watermelon, anyone?

This was a lesson in Copic markers and Prismacolor pencils from an online class through Vanilla Arts. I wrote about my instructor in my previous post (here) to explain anyone can now take classes with Amy. Live classes are great because of camaraderie and unexpected information from others, be it about art or anything else, but online classes have their perks too. You can work in your pajamas, you can stop the video and replay a section, and you can work whenever it is convenient for you.

This month's class was this stack of watermelon wedges minus the word Summer. I added that, for better or worse, for my own reasons.


This second photo was taken in direct sunlight with the camera on an angle. It shows some of the penciled work and the touch of star glaze (a gelly roll pen) added to the lettering. 


There are already areas I know that can be improved next time and I haven't received my critique yet. If you're considering online classes, don't be scared of critiques. Amy goes over what you did well and what could be improved. A hatchet job is never done.

The more I color, the more I like this and wonder why I let it drop out of my life for a while. I've said before that I may have too many craft interests (I can picture my husband nodding but smiling if he reads this), but coloring and playing with paper (mainly card making) have joined knitting as my constants. Too bad cleaning house and cooking aren't part of that. 

No comments: