Saturday, November 3, 2018

November Challenge Day 3


Thankful Challenge, Day 3: Senses

I am thankful for eyes that see the beauty of my family, friends, and nature.

I am thankful for ears that hear what they say, sometimes even when they don't actually say anything.

I am thankful for speech to tell them that I love them, and occasionally warn them of what I see as dangerous. Speech has a way of changing in a quiet woman as she ages. 😉

I am thankful for a nose that sometimes takes me down memory lane. Baby powder. Arpege (a rare thing to smell now). Chocolate chip cookies. Bonfires. Lumber (not in that order). Brut. ❤️

I am thankful for the feel of a pen in my hand, a keyboard beneath my fingers, glue or paint as I peel it off my skin, and yarn as it slides between fingers to needles. None of these compare to feel of a loved one's kiss, hug or hand being held.


Regardless of your preferred political party in the USA right now, I think everyone can agree that people are tense and tired of everything. This Thankful challenge is a good reminder to calmly look around us, find the positive, and work on recognizing that in everything and everyone.

No comments: