Monday, November 26, 2018

Shop 'til you drop card

My sweet daughter-in-law celebrated a birthday yesterday. I had a nominal gift for her to unwrap but her main gift was cash to go shopping. I made a shaker card. Originally, I was going to have an image of the back of young woman, supposedly her, looking into a store window. That didn't work out well. The image looked like Cousin It from the Addams family.

I scaled an image of my daughter-in-law, printed it and adhered it to the blue sky background. All of the shaker items, boxes, bags and boots below the window are from various Leading Ladies stamp sets by Essentials by Ellen (Ellen Hutson). If there had been shoe stamps and dies, this would have been beyond perfect! I triple stacked foam tape to allow for the bulkiness of the cardstock cutouts but some of them seem to remain clumped together. The overall effect was reached and I am happy. The cutouts include tote bags, clutch purses, sunglasses, lipsticks, bottles of sunscreen, and coffee mugs.



The inside stamped greeting was "shop 'til you drop".  Money was in a paper pocket embellished with another tote bag.

1 comment:

Chatty Crone said...

That was soooooooooooooo wonderful of you to do that for her.