Friday, March 8, 2019

Bunny jumping through a wreath


When I saw this on Maymay Made It's site, I argued with myself for a week before buying it. I have no idea where I am going to store it after Easter but I love it and will figure out storage later. Heck, I haven't even figured out where to hang it yet! MayMay's website is here: Maymay Made It  The link to her YouTube directions is here: Maymay's tutorial on how to make this

For a general overview, here are my photos taken during the process of creating this wreath.

The kit (currently on waitlist) included the bunny butt and ears, both wired for assembling onto the wire frame; three rolls of mesh; 24 chenille stems; and a 16" wire wreath form.
You begin by rolling out the netting, stacking the three colors for easier cutting.
Per Maymay's directions, I cut them at 11". Precision is not necessary, I took a rough measure and cut with scissors.
 You will need 24 sets of cut mesh. They look like old fashion hair curlers, don't they?
Roll one of each color into a cylinder from cut edge to cut edge. The top and bottom edges are the selvages of the ribbon. Wire these units together with a chenille stem.
Doesn't look like much of anything yet, right?
Here is the pile of 24 units, ready to be tied onto the wreath form.
 Four units are wired onto each section of the form.
This is 12 of the units in place. They fill in the form quite nicely.
Here is the form with all 24 in place.  Time to get the bunny butt and ears!
The bunny body has four pairs of wires to attach to the frame. This is the underside of the wreath. The bunny is designed for this purpose and finished off flat with the wires embedded.
This view against the carpeted stairs shows the colors clearly. 
This is the wreath on my craft room door. That glow around the left side of the door is sunshine. Or maybe it is the awesomeness of my craft room glowing away. 😊 Either reason for the glow makes me happy.
And temporarily, on my inside back door. The mesh ribbon would hold up to weather but not the plush bunny so he will stay inside. I have one more place to try but I need to a ribbon for hanging this on a wall and I'm not convinced that is what I want to do.
Total time, start to finish was 75 minutes.

1 comment:

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness - and I am just not saying this - that is BEAUTIFUL! I want one.