Saturday, March 23, 2019

Pyramid card / mini photo album

Thanks to Create with Cayleigh, I was able to make this card for a good friend. The directions are
here. Her blog page has the cutting instructions spelled out and there is a video to watch for assembly. This went together very easily. It is a bit time consuming but not difficult, and worth the effort in my opinion.

Because my friend hasn't received this yet, I haven't been able to ask for permission to share the actual photos. I've covered faced with bits of paper and Post-it notes. All of the pages open on the right as a book would do, but some pages have extra flaps to them.

The upper most layer opens to show these two photos first. The part under the Post-it Note opens to the right to reveal one more photo.

The next page (next larger size square to the pyramid, opens to reveal these two photos. The right side is an accordion fold that reveals more photos, including photos on the back side of the accordion pleated paper. 

The next level is a standard pair of pages without extra flaps. I stamped some sentiments on vellum so that the photos could still be seen. Originally, these added sentiments were only attached on the left sides of the photos but I thought the loose ends could get in the way of folding the card closed again. The blue hearts seen on the vellum strips only have adhesive on half of them, allowing the vellum to be tucked under the free end.
The next level has a plain page to the left and gatefold on the right side. It opens to reveal one large and two narrow photos. That is me on the left, the only photo not obscured.

This layer has a plain page to the left and a half page flap on the right.


Plain page to the left again, and two large flaps on the right, giving the right side 5 photo areas.

The card/album ends with two plain photo pages. Any of these pages could have held ticket stubs, pages from programs or flat pieces of memorabilia to make a special album. A pocket could have held loose photos or stubs, but that didn't apply to what I was doing here. My friend doesn't know this is coming. I copied her photos from Facebook to make this. Mostly they are images of her, then her with her various family members. I think she will love this.
I think for the presentation, I will tie a ribbon around this to hold it closed. Despite the extra layers of paper, it is remaining closed well, I tried to keep bulk down to a minimum.

1 comment:

Chatty Crone said...

Wow that is awesome - how much was that?