Saturday, March 23, 2019

The Finally Scarf

This is the Finally Scarf because I Finally found a stitch pattern that I liked and I Finally found a use for the yarn. The yarn isn't at fault, it is Plymouth Encore Tweed, a yarn that I like. I was originally going to make a sweater for myself but didn't like the way it was working up. I tried a boxy cardigan but ripped that out. I was going to look like blue moving van if I wore it.

This scarf is 7 feet long without stretching. My son is happy with it so I am happy. I like a scarf to look on either side so the stitch pattern was important to me. This has ribbing on both long sides and in the middle with panels of Irish Moss stitch in between.

I still have yarn left so a hat is likely to be made and maybe even a thinner, shorter scarf for me. Other projects have priority now and I don't want to tempt Mother Nature to deliver more cold weather by making winter accessories right now.

3 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Is there any way to get the pattern for this scarf? It's beautiful!

Knitty said...

Marie, this pattern is available through Ravelry. It is called Simple Aran Scarf. If you are not a member of Ravelry or have trouble locating it, let me know how I can contact you.