Saturday, October 17, 2015

Curvy Keepsake Pumpkin

Pumpkins are in the air, in our coffee creamer (not mine, truthfully) and on the shelves of paper crafters.


The pumpkin is made using Stampin' Up's Curvy Keepsake die. The pointed part of her hat is two pieces of black paper cut with Stampin' Up's Tree punch. The brim of her hat is a 2.5" circle with a slit made using Word Window punch. The brim is layered over Stampin' Up's Spiderweb doily. I drew a face on both sides of the pumpkin and added a bow (misc Halloween print paper; bow created with Bow Builder punch).


When I make her again (I'm calling this a 'her' because the spiderweb looks lacy and the bow seems feminine), I will draw the face before I curve the flaps and assemble the pumpkin. I might cut the tree shaped pieces free hand, making them both taller and a bit wider. The upper tips of the hat and glued together, the lower part is spread and placed over the handle formed when the keepsake box is assembled. The tree trunk of the punch is folded under the circular brim with a small glue dot holding it in place.


Remember when ladies work small hats with netted veils? I might need to make a vampish pumpkin with the spiderweb doily dipped down over her face. She might need a beauty mark on her face too.

No comments: