Friday, October 16, 2015

Retirement card

My son asked if I could make a retirement card for a co-worker. After asking a few questions about her post-employment plans, I made this:


The car is a Sizzix die that I have had forever (one of the original thick dies that came in a plastic case) and had only used once.

The headlights are part of the die, punched out, with white glitter paper behind them. Happy Retirement is from Stampin' Up's Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, cut with their Word Window punch. There is a sheet of velum behind the car's windshield to make it look more like glass (in my mind anyway) and the star with the hole punched out on the calendar highlights the woman's last day or work.

This sentiment was the inside greeting, mounted on map scrapbook paper to match the cover.


I'm happy to hear that the woman was touched by this and that my son was happy to present this to his fellow coworkers to sign. I made it larger than my typical cards so that 40+ people could sign the card.

No comments: