Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Easel cards

Sometimes I get excited over things that I'm sure make others wonder what the heck....

I've been liking easel cards lately. So much so that I bought a Sizzix die to make this easel card. The die is # 659211, called the Regal Stand-up.


The layers of the flower were cut from Sizzix Triplits #659608.  The lace border was made with a Martha Stewart Punch. 

You can barely tell in this next photo that the card is propped up in place by a small cut in a shape that reminds me more of a thumbnail impression than a half-moon.


I probably should have taken another photo from a different angle before I mailed it. I wrote anniversary greetings on the inside (opposite side of the the light pink floral paper) and have been thinking that this card could be a fun way to share good wishes and positive affirmations to someone. I can see having a phrase like "You can do it!" on the front where the lace is, with a handwritten message inside that might encourage someone.

I can also see the points on the medallion becoming a spider web for a Halloween greeting.

No comments: