Sunday, June 21, 2015

A box card made among new friends

There is an old song or saying that begins with:

Make new friends,
but keep the old.
One is silver,
the other is gold.


My long time friends are definitely gold, and yesterday I was lucky to find myself in a silver group. One of my knitting friends also makes cards and she has told me about a card group that she enjoys and encouraged me to join them. I had previous commitments on the weekend they meet, but recently that changed for me and yesterday was my first chance to join the group. My knitting friend couldn't be there.

Uh-oh....I was going to be the new kid. While I was not seriously worried, partially because I'd met the instructor twice, I didn't know if I'd feel awkward for a while or not.

The answer was a resounding not!

Within a very short time I felt like I was right where I was supposed to be. That is such a nice feeling. Most women who love their craft are open to others who share this love but often the friendship connection isn't made as quickly as it was yesterday. I'm already looking forward to being with these ladies again.

I didn't ask for permission to share the directions to this project but if you like it, you can find the basics by googling for Box Card instructions. Without further ado, here is my card.

Slip the belly band off and peek inside.
The stamped image inside was done with markers applied to the stamp.
The back side of the card.
I plan to add a small charm on the upper right of the square on the belly band. 
That looks a bit like a belt buckle, doesn't it? 

A big thank you to my new Silver friends: Suzanne, Sue, Kathy, Kathie, Jan, Lisa and Diane. 

Tomorrow I'm going out with a Golden Oldie to a yarn store. My happiness continues!

No comments: