Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Flamingo Anniversary Card

I saw a few variations of making flamingos from Stampin' Up's Bird Builder Punch and came up with this for a friend who loves these long legged birds.
The legs and necks are from the branch with most of the leaves cut off. One leaf remains behind the heads (wings). The bodies are the bird bodies from the punch with their heads trimmed off. If I make this again, I will trim down the black beaks which were also done with the wings.

The row of hearts at the top were done with the Border Hearts punch. The word love within the heart is from You Brighten My Day.

I am amazed at how many things can be made from the various builder punches. While these are still birds, they look nothing like the bird made by the punch as is. If you are on Pinterest, search on any of the builder punch names and smile at all the possibilities.

No comments: