Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Explosion and Waterfall Box, combined!

My alternate titles for this post were Boxes and Bitchin' or Crabby Creations. Neither would draw you in, would they?

It is the second week in April. I thought that I was going to get through the winter without a cold this year. Technically, I did as it is officially spring. I'm just annoyed that it hit me despite my precautions, tired from interrupted sleep and the normal blah feeling that comes with a cold.

Without further whining, I'll present this box that is both an explosion and multiple card box. Credit to the creator (Maymay) and directions are here at Maymay Made It!  The box begins with a sheet of 12x12 cardstock. I don't have much of that size in solid colors, and most of what I do have is textured and when creased, a white inner core often shows. I had recently won a box of paper supplies in a raffle and used the sheet of 12x12 green paper to make the box base. I didn't think about needing the same cardstock to make the lid. Maybe my cold was taking hold earlier than I thought? I had a lot of the orangish-yellow cardstock (8.5x11 size) so I used that for the waterfall mechanisms on the four interior panels of the box and for the lid. 

The printed papers are from Stampin' Up. They came from a coordinated pack of prints, each 12x12 in size. This box was given to a friend who recently vacationed in Hawaii. My prints weren't beachy, but the leaves and flowers reminded me of my trip to Hawaii. 
 
With the lid off, the center of the box is an accordion pleated explosion of black cardstock that could hold 18 photos, embellishments or written comments.
  
Each of the side panels is a waterfall. Gently pulling on the tab causes the panels to cascade, revealing 4 areas of printed surfaces in decreasing sizes. The plain undersides of these panels could also be decorated.
 

 
I will definitely make this box again. Maymay has a video in addition to a blog post with the dimensions spelled out for you. 


1 comment:

Chatty Crone said...

I am so sorry you have a cold - I HATE colds!

Is there anything you can't make or do - you are so incredibly talented.

Sandie♥