Thursday, April 12, 2018

From the mind of an 8 year old....

I'm sitting here waiting for coffee to kick in, waiting for crafting inspiration to hit, waiting for motivation to exercise (maybe I don't recognize that since I've never experienced that?), and waiting for the cold to leave. When I say "cold", I mean both the weather and the fuzziness that is still in my head. Southeast Michigan is finally having 60* spring-like weather for a day or two, but snow is back in the forecast for the first of next week.


Now that I've gotten weather complaints out of the way, time to share my grandson's observation.  He and I went to the show last week to see Sherlock Gnome which was a cute movie. We passed a Toys R Store that is closing soon. He is aware that the entire chain of stores is closing and said something about this. I said, "Does it make you feel sad? I'm sad that they'll be gone." He agreed and added, "In the future, people will look up Toys R Us in the dictionary and there won't be anything there".

That was a simple statement but it made me smile. I love our one on one conversations. Often the best ones happen in the car, probably because there are fewer distractions there (no TV or other electronics).

Now if only both types of "cold" would become hard to find for a while.....

1 comment:

Chatty Crone said...

LOVE your post today. The cartoons are fantastic. And your grandson is precious - enjoy those conversations now because when the get older a phone grows out of their hands.

Now my grandson told me that Toys R Us went out of business due to their own error - they supported planned parent hood - lol.

sandie