Monday, July 6, 2020

Making birthday invites, thank yous, and candy wrappers to fit a theme

The theme was Rainbow Six Siege, something this grandma doesn't play or begin to understand but as his Gigi, of course, I was willing to try! This image was used to create invitations that were handed out to his friends. I've removed his name and age in this photo, along with the address and RSVP info. I didn't use anything fancy to do this. I'm still using this free image editor for projects like this. They have many fonts available and this one looked right to me. After searching for the image online and saving it, I created a canvas within the program, inserted the photo, and added the info. After cropping and resizing it, I saved it and printed multiple invitations on white paper which I cut and attached to black cardstock.
Birthday favors and decor were a bit more difficult. Favors weren't an issue when my sons were the age of my grandkids and children did not have a birthday party beyond immediate family and cousins every year. When children reach a certain age, choosing a favor that is age-appropriate and not terribly expensive is difficult. I found the Game On! favor bags online and doctored another Six Seige image to include my grandson's face. To do that, I used Face in Hole, another free site. 

Favors included silicone bracelets that had sayings that were related to gaming in general, not this particular game. Among other a few other things, I included three Hershey Nuggets with these logos on them. I used Avery Labels 8160 and created a page full of labels with Six Seige images.
The same images were used to create these picks that went on cupcakes. I used circle punches to cut out the print image and a two larger black circles to mount them on and use on the back to cover the top edge of the cocktail forks.

No comments: