Monday, July 20, 2020

Whimsy Stamps: Hippo Fun in the Sun

When I saw an image on Whimsy Stamps' Hippo Fun in the Sun set, I had to have it. If you are of a certain age, you will probably be reminded of this Coppertone Ad:

Here is the stamp set and the first rendition of the hippo and puppy image:


I haven't decided how I will use the above image. It might go on a card or in a scrapbook. I colored over over the back of the bikini top in the above image and masked out the hairbow to make this a boy hippo in case I wanted to use this for my grandson.

Shortly after finishing this, a neighbor revealed that she cracked her tailbone. I used the image again in a Get Well card, but this time I masked out the dog and altered the bikini bottom to be a bandaid. I made the front of a card a window and placed the hippo inside the card.

The color is true in the first photo. The green background in the view above appears washed out but is a nice paper from Lawn Fawn's Dandy Day collection.

Unrelated to this, I made my second Hello Fresh meal, teriyaki pork chops (boneless) with roasted carrots and jasmine rice. I'm happy with this recipe also.
It looks like I threw the food on the plate a little carelessly, doesn't it? I wasn't just hungry, I was hangry! Those are sesame seeds on top of the pork and scallion greens on top of the rice. Some of the sesame seeds were browned in butter before adding the water, rice, and scallions whites which was a nice touch to the side dish.

No comments: