Sunday, September 21, 2014

Another Ghiradelli holder for Halloween

Since the sample I made here, I've been thinking about Halloween themed paper in my stash and remembered that I have some Martha Stewart punches bought a few years ago from HSN when a seasonally themed set came 4 or 5 times in one year. Some of those have been used often, a few, not so much. This was the case with the Halloween set even though I like it.

Here is tonight's creation:




The measurement and scoring directions are the same. The green card stock measures 3" x 8.5" and is scored at 2.5", 2.75", 5.5" and 5.75"

The band measures .75" by 9.75" and is scored at 3", 3.25", 6.25" and 6.5"

I used one of the M.S. stamps on the green card stock and another to cut out the spider inside. The spider is from a border punch so there could many spiders on my desk if I'm not careful! 

I used Stampin' Up punches and their Teeny Tiny Wishes to stamp 'happy halloween'. The circle punch is 2", the circle scallop is 2 3/8".

The only mistake I made on this prototype was cutting the black paper to fit behind the crow and fence. It is wide enough for the view from the front, but not wide enough when the holder is open. This will bother me so I will be more careful next time around.



No comments: