I began with Core'dinations vellum, Tulip Trio Oval stamp by Northwoods Rubber Stamps, Versa Magic in Cloud White by Tsukineko, and Ranger's UTEE (ultra thick embossing enamel). After using the heat gun and allowing the vellum to cool, I turned it over to begin coloring on the back side. I tested color choices on a small scrap of vellum. Colors that may have been lovely on white paper were sometimes lost on the vellum. I didn't do much shading, using only two markers per colored area, and I didn't work the area very much as I don't know that vellum would hold up.
I didn't think to take photos along the way but here is my result against a few different backgrounds. First is the side that I colored, the wrong side which will go against card stock when I finish this as a card.
Here is the right side against the same yellow card stock.
Here it is against pink
And against blue
And lastly, against white
I thought I was going to use this over white paper until I tried it. The fine white embossing detail is lost against white. I think the leaves look best against the blue paper but I'm not sure that is the best choice for the tulips. I think more experimenting is necessary, maybe even against black or another dark color.
The markers I used for the tulips were R43, R46, Y17, YR24, V17 and BV17. The leaves were done with YG07, YG23 and G97. Stems were YG95 and YG97. The ribbon and oval are B14 and B18.
Bottom line: I like the look and will try it again. Next time I will use regular embossing powder so as not to be so lumpy on the flowers. Embossing is obviously another technique I need to work on.